Abstracts accepted for the FFSCI Conference will be presented either orally or as a poster.
- Contributed talks: Authors of contributed talks will be allotted 12 minutes to present their results, followed by a 3 minute discussion period.
- Invited talks: Authors of invited talks will be allotted 20 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- Keynote addresses: Keynote speakers will be allotted 30 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- An LCD projector, laptop computer (Windows), laser pointer, and lapel microphone (if necessary) will be provided in each room.
- Presenters may use their own laptop computer or bring a copy of their presentation on a USB drive and use the provided computer.
- Projectors are equipped with standard VGA connection ports. Mac users should bring their own adapter cord.
- Available surface area is 90 cm x 140 cm.
- Push pins for attaching the poster to the board will be provided.
- Poster presenters will be directed to the designated board at the start of the poster session.
- Author must be present to provide details and answer questions during the selected poster session times.
Contributing authors should indicate their preference for oral or poster presentations in the box provided on the abstract submission template. Abstracts from invited authors will automatically be accepted as an oral presentation. In the acceptance e-mail, authors will be notified of the format for their presentation.
Authors of accepted presentations are encouraged but not required to submit their full manuscripts for publication reviewing as journal articles or book chapters.
The following are possible publishing titles:
- Nanoscale Research Letters (Springer)
Open access publishing is not without costs. For FFSCI submissions, Springer will provide 50% discount for each article accepted for publication. Fee to be paid by the author if the article is accepted for publication. In order to qualify for the 50% discount, please submit your article to the ‘FFSCI Meeting’ section during submission and mention the meeting in your waiver request”.
- Journal of Semiconductors (IOP)
OAHOST is a peer-reviewed, open access journal publishing quality research papers across all disciplines, which means that all published articles are made freely available online without a subscription, and authors retain the copyright of their work. For FFSCI articles published the author publication fee will be waived, the FFSCI will pay to make the article open access as long as the manuscript can go through the peer-review organized by FFSCI publication committee. OAHOST is open to both original research articles as well as review articles.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR FULL PAPER SUBMITTER
Full papers should be received to the conference registration desk. (Three hard copies to the conference registration desk)
Format: After the full paper submission, committees are going to make decisions on which journal (books) they should be assigned. (Authors can make a suggestion on which journal (book) they wish to publish.) Thus, please prepare the manuscript in a general scientific journal format including ‘title, author list, abstract, introduction, experimental, results & discussion and conclusion’. Once, a decision is made, a guideline on how to prepare and submit will be kindly directed to corresponding author(s).
Scope: Authors can make a suggestion on which journal (book) they wish to publish and thus, please prepare the manuscripts to be appropriate (especially, the title and abstract) to the scopes of journals (or books) in order to avoid undesired journal assignment.
Review Process: After the journal (or book) assignment by committees, a regular review process with two or more referees is going to be done.